Friday, January 14, 2011

History of the Mash-Up: International Bastard Pop Weekender 3

Back when mashups were only being made in the UK and called Bootlegs, a lovely chap by the name of Deep Disco Force (Nick) organised a series of gigs/weekenders/piss-ups in his home town of Trier, Germany and invited GYBOers to go along and do their thing at his International Bastard Pop Weekenders.

I went to number 3 in March 2004 and took a video camera. I made a film about it. Well, that was SEVEN. YEARS. AGO!!!

I thought the time was right to put it on Youtube for all y'all to see. So, here it is: the trailer, main movie (in two parts due to YT's 15min rule), plus some DVD extras too. Not in HD cuz there was no such thing back then, of course in those days, I used to wear an onion on my belt - it was the fashion at the time... Dribble, bleurgh, etc.

Huge, huge thanks to all the lovely guys I met who've become firm friends and who so generously gave their time to talk to me on-camera whilst everyone else was getting drunk and having fun.
 
 

 
This post is via ThriftshopXL on the GYBO boards from this thread. These videos have some great stuff to see.