Monday, April 18, 2005

It's not easy living on Dork Street

And last but not least....

It's not easy living on Dork Street

"It's not easy living on Dork Street -- just ask Mario Saucedo.

"'I had a resume kicked back because someone thought I was kidding,' said Saucedo, who has lived on the street in this suburb about a dozen miles southeast of downtown Los Angeles for eight years.

"Ester Avetisian, who moved there 18 years ago, said she might have thought twice if there had been a sign in those days marking the road tucked into what is still a semi-rural section of town where people keep goats and chickens in their back yards.

"'I didn't know the name until my husband and I were signing (mortgage) papers,' Avetisian recalled. 'I was pretty shocked when I found out.'

"Still, most residents have learned to grin and bear the jokes." [via Jonny]