Wednesday, September 22, 2004

They Might Be Downloads

They Might Be Giants Launch Download Site

"Alternative rock duo They Might Be Giants are starting a download store, selling tracks for $.99 and full-length albums for $10.

The site (TheyMightBeGiants.com) offers tracks from the band's 2002 children's album 'No!' (Rounder), the 2002 rarities compilation 'They Got Lost' (Idlewild), latest full-length 'The Spine' (Zoe) and the EP 'The Spine Surfs Alone,' as well as live shows from the 2004 'Spine Hits the Highway' tour. The remainder of TMBG catalog will not be available on the site."

I guess that my problem with it is that the stuff that I would want, the classic TMBG stuff, isn't available. The record label is too busy selling the mp3s elsewhere for their own profits. While the newer music is still good, and of course better than most pop music out there, it doesn't feel the same for me that the old stuff does. I think that the last song of theirs that I really liked was Dr. Worm. Since then, its been a bit dull. The free mp3s are ok though.