Thursday, August 26, 2004

Grant Morrison - Punching Holes Through Time

Sequential Tart

"I had the great privilege of interviewing Grant Morrison way back during Tart's first year of existence. The result, while interesting, wasn't the definitive Grant Morrison interview I wanted for our publication (mostly due to my inexperience as an interviewer back then). I waited three years to pose the possibility of an extended interview with the man. In that time, I thought hard about every question I ever wanted to ask the author about his writing. I realized that I didn't want to ask him about specific pieces of his work (which speak for themselves, by and large), as much as I wanted to ask him questions concerning the craft of writing, the influence of other art forms on his work, how and why his work keeps evolving and changing every few years, and so forth."