Thursday, May 27, 2004

Why Does The Voice of William Burroughs Come From My Laptop?

Why?

"I really can't explain it. Every morning, I get up - usually take a shower unless I'm horribly late for work, towel off, shave and shit, and there it is. The laptop sitting in the corner has turned itself on, and within the activated sound editor is that voice. And it's not mine. The file it makes is sometimes filled with gibberish, but more often than not, it's filled with the same tired sounding creative bitterness that we all remember as William S. Burroughs. Sometimes it's moody, but often it's just pissed off. After finding myself staring at the laptop for more mornings than I want to remember, I felt that I should get these out to the rest of the world. It wouldn't be a curse, if it wasn't worth sharing. "