Wednesday, February 25, 2004

Furryweekend: What Happened?

This seems curious to me. I know its already happened....but it makes me wonder what was going on that they were trying to hide so zealously. I know furries, and I know a bit about the "subculture." I can imagine what they might have wanted to keep secret, but frankly it bothers me. It bothers me because this is something that could reflect badly on geekdom in general. So...who knows what happened?

FWA 2004: Press & Media

"Policy: As per our policy, the staff has decided not to allow ANY media coverage at the convention for our first year - the press and media are NOT welcome at Furry Weekend. Our goal is to produce the best convention for our attendees and it is our right as a private function to deny entry to the media. Attendees purchasing a membership agree not to act as media agents in any way, shape, or form while attending Furry Weekend. Questions about this policy should be addressed to ceo@furryweekend.com.

"Making photographic, audio or video recordings of any Convention event for investigative or commercial purposes is strictly forbidden."